Sunday, October 4, 2009

Come on Tigers..



I went to the Tigers game yesterday, despite the loss it was still quite fun.


The game started with a 20 minute rain delay. I don't really think the grounds crew really knew what they were doing. Tarp on, Tarp off, Tarp back on. finally Tarp back off all within 5 minutes.


It was a bit chilly, but not too bad. Later on in the game there was a little rain, enough to bust out the ponchos. Good thing I came prepared! As you can see Michelle, Jen, and I are sporting these beauties. I however had a few techinical difficulties getting this bad boy on. I carefully prepared to get the poncho on. Seperating the layers, fluffing out the hood, etc. Who knew it would have been so hard? I proceded to get my left arm in the hood, my head through the right arm, and couldn't figure out to get my right arm in it. I am assuming it was pretty commical because Michelle and Jen both were laughing too hard to help me. Thanks to some random lady in a different section who came over to help me I finally got it on the right way. Then it was time for the photo op.
The rest of the game was pretty uneventful. Tigers lost. I don't even know the final score. We left at the top of the 9th. After the game the 3 of us went out for a bite to eat at decided we needed to make a night of drinking there some other time. It was a pretty cool place. Finally we get to drive home. One more photo op. It took a couple tries for the picture and the light turned green. Way to watch the road Michelle!
Thanks for the memories ladies!


2 comments:

Sazzle said...

The trip is always fun, even if they lose. I would have given anything to see you put on that poncho :)

Jen said...

That reminds me ... I should really check YouTube to make sure there isn't a video of the "poncho incident" floating around somewhere :)