Sunday, July 25, 2010

Alpinefest in Gaylord 7/14

While Monika was in town we took a trip up to Gaylord. Her Mom's "summer" home is on a lake up there. Before we went I decided to take a little look-sy on www.puremichigan.org to see if there was anything fun and touristy going on up there. What would you know, it happened to be Alpinefest up there. What is Alpinefest? I think its a swedish festival? Maybe? I'm not really sure. All I know is that I fell in love with the fact that Blackhawk (pretty popular in the 80's early 90's country band was playing) and the concert was FREE. It doesn't get much better than that does it? We got right to the front of the stage. It was GREAT! I still can't tell you what songs they sing but as soon as I hear them sing I can sing their songs word for word! One thing I did notice is that the lead singer wore Nikes. White tennies with a big red Nike swoosh on them. I thought it was a little funny, I don't know if anyone else did. After the concert we walked around downtown for a little bit. Here is nice picture of Monika and I with this old guy who was dressed head to toe in his "alpine" gear. He didn't want us to get off his lap. He said that we made his night. What is even more funny is that we saw him the next day on the street in the same outfit. He is a pretty hard core alpine fester!
Gaylord. Its a small town, village, not exactly sure what it is considered. It was fun for the night. Monika's mom came with us too. We got dropped off and thought it would be wise to just catch a cab on the way home. BAD decision. We waited 1.5 hours for this cab. I flagged down the PO-lice to find out what was up with that. I told them we could have drove home drunk, three times in the amount of time we were waiting, that we were trying to be responsible. They said they would call for us and see if they could speed it up. I don't know if it helped or not but we eventually got home in the cab.


Thursday we had a little more time in the sun and on the boat. It was a great relaxing few days up north. Thanks for having me. It was a GREAT time!

No comments: