Saturday, January 8, 2011

Ode to Coffee Time

I know, I know, its been over a month since I have added anything on here. I will be back blogging and catching up on things. SOON!

Today my talk is about coffee.

Coffee, so simple, yet so wonderful. Today is my favorite day for coffee. Working night shift sucks, but what is worse is that you can't watch the sun come up while drinking coffee. Why is today my favorite? Because every two weeks I have saturday off. I love putting my robe on, piling my hair on top of my head, grounding up coffee beans, and yes, drinking coffee as the sun comes up. Today my coffee was with my friend Bridget. We talked well over an hour. About what?? Nothing. A little of this and a little of that but mostly nothing. Words filling in the spaces, but, best coffee I will have for the next two weeks.

I know I'm not alone, it makes me smile when I see that others enjoy this ritual of talking over coffee with someone who is just too far away to have it face to face.

Can't wait for my next saturday off!



2 comments:

Sazzle said...

HURRAY for a day off!

mom said...

What kind of coffee???? Did you try the Godiva yet? Have a great lazy day off!