Saturday, March 19, 2011

As Another Season Passes..

Another season has come and gone. Spring is officially here... tomorrow.

With that being said it's time.
Time for some changes.
Getting rid of the old and bringing in the new. Just like mother nature.

Today I was up early, as in 2:30 am early. I forced myself to go back to sleep. I finally gave up and got out of bed at 7am. So far today I cleaned out the garage, trimmed and raked out 2 flower beds, swept off the deck and set up the patio furniture. While trimming and raking I saw something green, something fresh and new for the year.
With that it got my mind stirring. Thinking of the people in my life. How I used to always have options of what to do for fun. On most nights I was able to do something if I wanted to. Turns out I have been alone for quite sometime. I have given up. Given on up on trying to keep old friendships going. It is amazing that when you stop trying you realize that perhaps you were the only one all along. Certain people who I thought were important in my life and I in theirs don't care to see how I am. Don't want to know if I have a day off. They just don't.
Now maybe I am being selfish.
Maybe I am destined for a life alone.
Maybe if you don't hear from me it is because I am tired of being the only one who is trying.
Maybe I am waiting to see if you think I am worth your time.
Maybe it is you and Maybe it is me.

2 comments:

Scott said...

Looks to me like your perennials have survived their first winter and your garden is off and running for the year...Good Job!

MOM said...

I only wish I had your energy.....I am working on it! You will find that as you get a little older friends change, things you enjoy change....then when you are really old things and friends kind of some back around. You should be proud of yourself for all you have accomplished! Tis the time of the year to be blah...hopefully sun and fun is around the corner.....Well, that is all the wisdom I have for today!